Last Updated: January 2019
The owner of the website (including any related mobile applications) is based in the United States. We provide this website (including any related mobile applications) for use only by persons located in the United States. Information collected on our website and applications is stored in the United States; therefore, your information may become subject to U.S. law. We make no claims that our website or mobile applications or any of their content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the website or mobile applications may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the website or mobile applications from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1. Information You Provide to Us
1.1.1. Information that is necessary for the use of Vitalize’s website and/or mobile applications.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Revel® website or mobile applications, which is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us (e.g., placing an order) and to allow us to comply with various legal obligations. Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with all of the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an account via our website or mobile applications, we require certain information such as your first and last name, email address, username, and password. If you choose to register by using a third-party account (such as your Facebook account), please see “Information We Collect from Third Parties” below.
- Order Information. When you place an order on our website, we may request that you provide additional information such as your billing and shipping addresses and phone number.
- Payment Information. To facilitate processing of payments on our website, we require you to provide certain financial information (e.g., your credit card number).
- Communications with Vitalize. When you communicate with Vitalize via our website or mobile applications (e.g., for customer service inquiries), we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.1.2. Information you choose to provide to us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Vitalize Platform(s). This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
You may also choose to provide us with information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your profile, respond to surveys, post to community forums or on product reviews, participate in promotions, or use other features on the Vitalize Platform(s). Some of this information (e.g., product reviews) will be publicly visible to others.
1.2. Information We Get from Your Use of Our Platform(s) and Services
When you use Vitalize’s Platform(s), we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them, such as information about how you use or interact with our website and mobile applications, view or interact with our ads and content, and information about your computer or mobile device. This information may include:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with our website and mobile applications such as the pages or content you view, your searches, and other actions on Vitalize’s Platform.
- Device Information. We automatically collect device information when you access our website or mobile applications, even if you have not created a Vitalize account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. Additionally, certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation may be sent to Vitalize when you install or uninstall a certain service or when a service periodically contacts our servers, such as for updates.
- Log Data. Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including IP addresses, internet service providers, files viewed on our website, operating system versions, device type, and timestamps.
- Local Storage. Vitalize may collect and store information—including personal information—locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Location Information. When you use our services, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience for things such as personalized content, advertising, or search results. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu; however, if you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. Vitalize may also collect this information even when you are not using our apps if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Payment Transaction Information. Vitalize, or its third-party agents, collects information related to your payment transactions through our website or mobile applications, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date, and billing post code; PayPal or Amazon Pay e-mail address (if such payment method is used); your address; and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Vitalize for provision of payment services.
1.3. Information We Collect from Third Parties
Vitalize, or its third-party agents, may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use Vitalize’s Platform(s), or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through Vitalize’s Platform(s). We do not control, supervise, or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or log in to your Vitalize account (desktop or mobile) with a third-party service (e.g., Facebook), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at such third-party service.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third-party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive fraud warnings from service providers for fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. Additionally, we may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Vitalize Platform(s) through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner advertising networks.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Vitalize (or our third-party agents) uses, stores, and processes information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop Vitalize’s Platform(s), create and maintain a secure environment, and comply with our various legal obligations.
2.1. Provide, Improve, and Develop Vitalize’s Platform(s) and Services
We use the information we collect to provide, improve, and develop Vitalize’s Platform(s) by, for example:
- Enabling you to access and use Vitalize’s Platform(s) (e.g., website and mobile apps);
- Operating, protecting, improving, and optimizing Vitalize’s Platform(s), services, and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research;
- Offering you a personalized experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing customized ads based on your searches and preferences;
- Enabling you to access and use our payment services to place orders;
- Providing customer service via convenient avenues, such as chat; and
- Sending you service or support messages.
2.2. Create and Maintain a Secure Environment
We use the information we collect to ensure Vitalize’s Platform(s) are secure by, for example:
- Detecting and preventing fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activities;
- Conducting investigations and risk assessments;
- Verifying or authenticating information or identifications provided by you;
- Conducting checks against databases and other information sources;
- Complying with our legal obligations;
- Resolving disputes with any of our users and enforcing our agreements with third parties; and
2.3. Provide a Personalized Experience and Improve Our Advertising and Marketing
We use the information we collect to provide a custom user experience through things such as:
- Sending promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate a preference to opt out of receiving these communications (you can opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in such emails);
- Personalizing, measuring, and improving advertising to be more tailored to your interests in products, training programs, content type, etc.; and
- Administering referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Vitalize or its third-party business partners.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We work with various third-party partners who help us provide and improve our products and services. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. We have summarized how we share the information we collect below.
3.1. With Your Consent
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your Vitalize account.
3.2. Compliance with Laws, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm, and Protection of Vitalize’s Rights
3.3. Service Providers
Vitalize uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Vitalize Platform(s) and our services. For example, service providers may help us: (i) conduct fraud prevention and risk assessments; (ii) perform product development, maintenance, and debugging; (iii) provide customer service, advertising, payment, and transactional services; (iv) help us track website analytics, such as conversion and traffic metrics; and (v) verify information against public databases.
Vitalize may need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you (e.g., name and billing address to complete a transaction and ship your order).
We enter into confidentiality and data processing terms with third-party service providers to ensure they comply with high levels of confidentiality and best practices in privacy and security standards.
3.4. Aggregated Data, Analytics, and Advertising Partners
Vitalize may share aggregated information (i.e., information about our users that we combine so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. We also provide aggregated statistics and insights that help our vendors and partners understand how people are engaging with their content, listings, products, and other content on the Vitalize Platform(s).
Vitalize also provides advertisers and product vendors with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing on Vitalize’s Platform(s); however, we do not share information that personally identifies you (e.g., information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers and/or product vendors (e.g., that an ad or product campaign was seen by a male between the ages of 25 and 34 who likes protein products) to help them better understand their audience, including their preferences and wants.
3.5. Social Media Platform(s)
Where permissible according to applicable law (and in accordance with your privacy settings), Vitalize may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your e-mail address, to hash it and to share it with social media Platform(s), such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our Platform(s), or otherwise promote our products and services or Vitalize’s Platform(s). These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest to you. The social media Platform(s) with which we may share your data are not controlled or supervised by Vitalize; therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such provider.
3.6. Linked Third-Party Accounts
You may link your Vitalize account with your account at some third-party social networking services, such as Facebook. When you create this link, the limited information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed, and transmitted by Vitalize. The publication and display of information that you provide to Vitalize through this linkage is subject to your privacy settings and authorizations on the Vitalize Platform(s) and the third-party website. We only collect your information from linked third-party accounts to the extent necessary to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, or to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, or with your consent.
3.7. Corporate Affiliates
To enable or support us in providing the Vitalize Platform(s), we may share your information, including personal information, within our corporate family of companies (both financial and non-financial entities) that are related by common ownership or control.
3.8. Business Transactions
4. THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The Vitalize Platform(s) may contain links to third-party websites or services, such as third-party integrations or third-party branded services. Vitalize does not own or control any of these third-party partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the third-party providers, Vitalize, or both. These third-party providers will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information include firewalls and data encryption; compliance certifications (e.g., annual re-certification of compliance with Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards); information access control; and thorough security and breach response policies and procedures. In the event of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Vitalize account, please contact us following the instructions in the “Contact Us” section below.
6. ACCOUNT DATA RETENTION
If you hold an account with Vitalize, we do not delete the data in your account unless we receive a request from you to do so. You are responsible for the control and time periods for which you retain this data. There are controls in your account where you can delete data.
7. SAFETY OF MINORS
Use of Vitalize’s Platform(s) is not intended for and may not be used by individuals under the age of 13. Vitalize does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register accounts. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe this has occurred, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or our Customer Service department.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Vitalize acknowledges your right to access your personal data. Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it—unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (e.g., developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete, or irrelevant you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. To access or update your personal information email email@example.com with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
Customers Located in California
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, you must include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will not accept requests via telephone, postal mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
10. CONTACT US
Attn: Legal Department
5777 N. Meeker Ave.
Boise, Idaho 83713
Or you may also email us at email@example.com.